- Abide by the Constitution and Bylaws of the United Doberman Club and the rules of the American Working Dog Federation.
- Keep accurate breeding records, registration papers, and pedigrees.
- All service and sales arrangements shall be mutually agreed upon, stated in writing, and signed by all parties involved.
- All advertising shall be honest and not in any way misrepresentative, fraudulent, or misleading.
- Support and conduct only ethical trade practices.
- Maintain the best possible standards of canine health, cleanliness, and care.
- Encourage the x-raying and hip certification of Dobermans for hip dysplasia and the testing of Dobermans for other common health disorders.
- All dogs offered at stud shall not be bred prior to one (1) year of age and shall be in good health and free from communicable diseases and disqualifying genetic faults (as defined by the UDC’s conformation standard). Any bitch accepted for stud service must be at least 18 months of age, in good health, free from communicable diseases and disqualifying genetic faults.
- No bitch shall have more than one litter per year (litter defined as two or more puppies), nor be bred prior to one and one-half years of age. She should also be in good health and free from communicable diseases and disqualifying genetic faults.
- No stud dog will be knowingly bred to any bitch whose owner is directly or indirectly involved with any puppy broker, puppy mill, pet shop, litter lot sales or any other commercial enterprises whose business is involved in like activities.
- No bitch will be bred for commercial reasons only. All bitches will be bred with the intention of that particular breeding improving the breed.
- No Dobermans will be knowingly sold to puppy brokers, pet shops, or puppy mills nor agents thereof.
- Honestly evaluate the quality of all Dobermans sold and fairly represent that evaluation.
- Furnish records to each buyer of current vaccinations and wormings, pedigree, and registration or transfer documents, unless written agreement is made at time of sale that papers be withheld.
- All members shall conduct themselves at all times in such a manner as to reflect credit on the sport of purebred dogs and Dobermans in particular.
UDC Code of Ethics
Powered by WishList Member - Membership Software