A benefit of United Doberman Club membership is the opportunity for qualified dog and handler teams to apply to represent the Doberman breed, the United Doberman Club, and the United States in several prestigious National and International IPO trials. It is the goal of the UDC to select the best handler/Doberman team(s) to represent our club and our breed at each of these events. One of these national events is the annual AWDF (American Working Dog Federation) Team Championship, held in the spring of each year.
This year, the AWDF Championship will be held in Vacaville, California, May 17-20 2018. The website for the event is https://www.hksc-dvg.com/2018awdf.
UDC Declaration Form to AWDF Team Coordinator: April 25, 2018
AWDF Entry Deadline: April 25, 2018
AWDF Event Date: May 17 – 20, 2018
There are two parts to entering the AWDF Championship to represent the UDC:
- Complete and submit a UDC Declaration of Intent.
- Complete and submit the official AWDF entry on the event website prior to deadline.
We will accept your Declaration of Intent for the AWDF until midnight, April 25, 2018. This will ensure team logo wear will be ordered and delivered in time.
In order to declare, please complete Item D.1.a-f below. Send your information to Ashley Stursa by email to email@example.com or snail mail to Ashley Stursa, AWDF Team Coordinator, 5955 Stuckey Road, Creston, OH 44217. You can use the attached Declaration Form.
Qualifications and Deadlines for Application. Handler/Doberman teams that are interested in representing the UDC at the AWDF must meet the general qualifications noted below, along with the specific qualifications stated for a given event. It is the responsibility of each competitor to consult the United Doberman Club website (http://www.uniteddobermanclub.com) for the exact dates of events as the dates may vary from year to year.
FROM THE UDC ADMINISTRATION MANUAL
GENERAL QUALIFICATIONS FOR ALL CHAMPIONSHIPS
A. Owners and handlers of entered Dobermans must be current members in good standing of the UDC.
B. All Dobermans must have a scorebook issued by the AWDF or the UDC.
C. All Dobermans must be registered with the UDC.
D. The handler should be the one with which the team earned its qualifying scores.
E. The competitor must complete and mail Championship Declaration Form, along with a photocopy of the dog’s scorebook, the handler’s current UDC membership card along with any additional documents or explanations-of-circumstances, to the UDC AWDF Chair by the event deadline published on the UDC website.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS FOR THE AWDF TEAM CHALLENGE
A. All dogs entering the AWDF championships must be tattooed or microchipped. The handler is responsible for supplying the reader/scanner for the chip.
B. An owner/handler may compete for a new title if s/he has previously titled a dog to the level they are entering or higher, but no dog/handler team may compete at a level lower than the dog’s current title.
C. Team members must wear UDC colors (white shirt and black pants) while trialing and for team photographs.
D. Entry Procedure
1. The owner or handler must submit a completed entry form with entry fee to the UDC AWDF chair no later than 2 weeks prior to the AWDF host club entry closing date. The full entry fee must be paid by check payable to United Doberman Club. The closing date for entries will be posted on the AWDF website and on the UDC website. In addition, the handler must submit;
a) complete contact information for the owner, including home phone, and cell phone if applicable, an current email address if applicable;
b) the dog’s name and titles, along with a copy of the dog’s UDC registration;
c) a copy of the dog’s scorebook;
d) a copy of the owner’s UDC membership card;
e) handler’s shirt/jacket size
f) In addition, if a handler wishes to enter after the UDC entry deadline but before the AWDF host club entry deadline, it will be at the discretion of the AWDF chair. Accommodations will tried to be met, but the handler will understand that if allowed NO TEAM UNIFORM will be provided. The handler must supply their own uniform and it must be in the team colors of the UDC. It is understood that there will not be a UDC logo on the shirt.
2. The UDC AWDF Committee Chair will submit the UDC team entries to the AWDF Trial Chairperson by the closing date for the competition.
E. AWDF Team Challenge Stipends
1. UDC will reimburse the entry fee for the three high scoring Doberman competitors – one from each level (IPO 1, 2, & 3) after the team competes at the AWDF. In order to qualify for the reimbursement, the team must meet all of the conditions listed above and must compete at the event. The team may not be disqualified for unsportsmanlike conduct. Should there not be a high scoring Doberman at any given level, an entry fee will not be reimbursed for said level.
2. UDC will provide a logo item to each competitor (item to be determined by the AWDF Committee).
AWDF Team Coordinator – 2018